Membership in the German Lute Society is open to everyone. The annual fee is 50 Euro per person, family or institution. On application, with supporting evidence, the fee for pupils, students, or the unemployed can be discounted by 50%. A fee is not charged to young people under 18 or to those studying at institutes of higher learning in the lute and guitar.
Membership benefits include:
- normally four issues of the DLG´s "Lauten-Info" per year, each including a supplement of tablature for various types of lute and various periods,
- one issue of the yearly Journal „Die Laute" containing authoritative contributions by authors at home and abroad,
- a directory of your fellow members in the DLG,
- normally free access to meetings, exhibitions and concerts of the DLG,
- reduced prices for the publications of the DLG,
- assistance in organising local meetings of lute players.
Further information about the activities of the German Lute Society can be found under „The Society / About the German Lute Society".
If we have sparked your interest in joining us, you can download a flyer that includes an application form along with some information about the DLG.
Flyer with application form
Applications for membership must include a full mailing address. Additional contact information (such as a telephone number or e-mail address) is recommended to facilitate communication. It is recommended, but not required, that you use our membership application form, which you can download here.
Please send your application to:
If you live in the Federal Republic of Germany, we would prefer a direct Debit Mandate.
Payment to the German Lute Society:
Deutsche Lautengesellschaft e.V., Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland / Germany
IBAN: DE22 6835 1865 0007 1311 39
or by Paypal: please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
or send a bank check to the cashier (Please add an additional 10.-€ to the sum you wish to pay to cover bank charges):
c/o Dirk Hippen